BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

Update

So I had my doctor's appointment this afternoon to "confirm" the pregnancy. I went to the clinic on base since it is so close to work, and I should have known better. Don't get me wrong... the appointment went well, I loved the doctor I had, and they confirmed that I am PREGNANT! He also agreed with everything I have found online- stating that I am 4 weeks pregnant, and due March 30, 2011!

The only bad thing is that the clinic on base doesn't do any sort of Ob/Gyn work, so I have to go to a different doctor in town. Not that I mind that since I trust them a little more... but I actually called them first today and they seem like they are very difficult to get into. I don't know how to explain to a receptionist over the phone that I have had a prior miscarriage so I am being a huge worry wart and want them to take extra good care of me. I have never been to this doctor's office, so who knows how long it will take for me to get an appointment there. I plan on calling first thing in the morning, so hopefully I will be able to at least know when my first prenatal appointment will be! :)

Other than that, today has been a pretty amazing day. Kevin saw his first bear (I'm so bummed I missed it!) and we went and had a nice dinner at a local restaurant called Henry's to celebrate me "good" doctor's appointment. After dinner we went to Walmart to get me some Tums since I have been having HORRIBLE heart burn and tons of acid reflux, and while we were there we bought same baby hangers. I plan on pulling out the box of all the outfits we bought the first time around and actually hanging them up! This is my way of trying to "connect" with this baby and pregnancy. Instead of going out and buying anything (which there is nothing to buy here anyways...) I'm going to be officially passing these items onto the new baby. We did cave and buy one new thing for the baby... it is a small teddy bear with a t-shirt on that says United States Coast Guard- Kodiak, Alaska. I thought it would be cute to sit it on a shelf or something, and I love that it has Kodiak on there since that is where this baby was conceived and will be born (hopefully!)

But I'm exhausted, and getting ready for bed. I will try to post some pictures of the teddy bear tomorrow and will hopefully be able to update on when my first "real" appointment will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment