BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kodiak Island Medical Associates- KIMA

This will be my new doctor's office. I have heard such wonderful things about them from all of the other coastie wives, and so I'm really excited to get to meet all of the doctors. Since there is typically 1 doctor on call each night, instead of having 1 specific doctor that is "yours", they all kind of rotate through your appointments so you can get to know them all since any of them could potentially be the one to deliver your baby.

Alright... now to the exciting stuff! And let me tell you... I'm shaking I am so excited!! I called KIMA first thing this morning to schedule my appointment. I kept telling myself not to get upset when they tell me I have to wait another month before I can come in. I had already figured out my whole "speech" on how I have had a prior miscarriage and how I would really like to be seen around 6 weeks if that is possible... yada yada yada.

Let me tell you... I absolutely LOVE the receptionist I spoke to this morning! Before I ever told her how far along I was or anything she was talking about having me come in this week! I told her quickly that I was only 4 weeks along and didn't know if that was too early to come in, but that I have had a prior m/c and would like to be seen as early as possible. She thought for a second and told me to go ahead and come in this week because they would like to start monitoring the pregnancy now!! I could have hugged her through the phone!!!

I'm so thrilled that I don't have to wait but 2 days!! I know it wont be a very exciting appointment, probably talk about family history, possibly do some blood work, and maybe a pap smear. The only thing I am really looking forward to is that they will hopefully schedule me ultrasound and tell me when my next appointment will be! Things are FINALLY starting to feel real and I am so happy I could cry!

PS- sorry if I am being "overwhelming" with this blog. I've decided since this one is pretty private, that I want to document as much of this pregnany as possible. I would love to go back and read all of this 5-6 months down the road when I am putting together the baby book! Thanks for putting up with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment