with my new doctor's office that is! Today was my first prenatal appointment and I was a nervous wreck. All of this just seems to pull up such difficult feelings, so I was an emotional nut case today. As soon as I got called back for my appointment, all of my worry just slipped away. Everyone in the office is ridiculously friendly and the doctor I met with today was AMAZING!! He was so thoughtful and understanding. We mainly talked about anything and everything today, I got lots of blood drawn, and we scheduled my next appointment- which will be August 23rd. It is crazy to think that my SECOND prenatal appointment will still be before I am 10 weeks, which was when my first appointment was last time around.
I feel like he is very proactive and wants to do anything that will help me not worry or stress so much. He even prescribed me chewable prenatal vitamins since I can't swallow pills!! He gave me the option of having a full blown exam today, but recommended that I wait a month or two since I will more than likely spot afterwards and he doesn't want to add any more stress (see... he is very thoughtful!). And the best part... drum roll please... we scheduled my first ultrasound!! woo hoo!! It will be August 3rd...less than 2 weeks away! I am a little nervous that it will be too early to see the heartbeat since it will be a day before I am 6 weeks, but at the same time I'm kind of hoping there isn't one so I can see the baby again in a week. But then again... I will probably freak out BIG time if there isn't one... so I'm back to square one! haha.
So that is my big news... I have felt like my mind is spinning all day today. I got two great books from my doctor, one is a diary and one is an actual month to month book that I can't wait to look through. I think this is the beginning of a wonderful doctor-patient relationship!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow chewable prenatals I didn't know they existed - I'm just like you and really struggle to swallow any pills larger than 'the pill' not that I take that now lol.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind me following your blog...all the best in your pregnancy congratulations!