Today Kevin and I were sitting outside BBQing when I saw the wife walking with this huge box of baby stuff. I was keeping a close eye on her to see if she was going to place it next to the dumpster, but she put it in the back of her car (bummer). So we stopped and asked her if we could borrow their lawn mower, and I started mowing. I was feeling the need to do something active, and our yard was in desperate need of some TLC.
So as I'm mowing, I see her walk out with yet another load of baby stuff. This time around I managed to get enough courage to ask her what she was doing with all of it. She told me she was giving it to a mutual friend of ours, even though she isn't pregnant. She knows that they want to have kids eventually, and my neighbor was wanting to clean out her basement, so she decided to give it all to her. I wasn't planning on telling them until much further down the road, but I just couldn't pass up free baby stuff! So I cautiously told her that we were expecting and that if she had anything else she was wanting to get rid of, we would be willing to buy it from her. She immediately handed me everything she was carrying and kept telling me to let her know as soon as we know if it is a boy or girl so she can give us all of the clothes she has.
She was so sweet and seemed so excited for us! She had her second baby here in Kodiak with no family around, so I feel like she will have such an understanding for me and will be able to answer any questions I have.
Oh, but the best part... what did we get from her?!?
- Diaper Genie Elite
- Baby bathtub
- Rocker/Bouncer chair that has a mobile, vibrates, and plays music
Everyone please continue to pray that every thing works out. I am finally letting my guard down, and I'm not ready to become devastated once again.
Hope you don't mind me following this blog, too! You and Kevin are both in my prayers, keep staying positive!! - Shannon
ReplyDelete