BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Less Than a Week!

This morning I found myself sweating a little more than usual. On top of the sweating, I was shaky, and just down right nervous. I knew I needed to call and schedule an appointment, and I knew that deep down inside I was excited about the opportunity to talk with a doctor, but for some reason I kept finding excuses to put it off. "Maybe I will start my period today, Maybe I need to wait another week to make sure my period doesn't come at all, etc."

I finally grew some huevos, picked up the phone and dialed. I almost hung up as soon as the receptionist answered, but I stayed strong. Since I am a new patient, they took all my contact and insurance info. They then asked what the purpose of the visit was for, and all I could get out was that I was worried about my period since I haven't had it for 2 months. In my head I had it all figured out and it was going to sound really cool and not so nerdy, but I choked.

I told her I wanted to set up an appointment for next week sometime, to make sure I didn't get my period this week. When she started listing off the dates available and with which doctor, I started listening in for 2 specific names. You see, being new and not knowing anything about the doctors around here, I have asked several people who they would recommend. Every person has said the same two doctors... Walters and Withrow. The only problem is I have also been told by every person that they are both extremely difficult to get in to see, so I was willing to see just about anyone. Then out of nowhere, the receptionist rambles off a date and time with Dr. Withrow. I at once yelled "I'll take it!" (and believe me...I'm pretty sure I yelled!) After the awful doctor I had in Baltimore, I want to make sure this time around that I have someone that I trust and know will take good care of me.

So I have an appointment for Tuesday at 10:30 am (Alaska Time Zone)! I am so excited and scared at the same time, but if this will help Kevin and I have a better chance of becoming pregnant and sooner then I am all for it!! Keep your fingers crossed that they will be able to provide the help that we need!

1 comment: