BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The 2 Week Wait (2WW)

Typically, this wait is something that can drive a trying to conceive woman to pull her hair out. It is the 2 weeks between ovulation and your anticipated period or rather, when you can take a pregnancy test.

Right now I find myself in a 2 week wait, but not the exciting- I can't wait to pee on a stick kind of wait. Instead it is a rather scary wait. If I don't start my period within the next two weeks, I will be calling up the doctor to try and figure out what is going on with my body.

I have a very random mix of emotions when I think about this. Of coarse there is the thought that maybe, just maybe I am pregnant, and a home pregnancy test just can't pick it up (highly doubt this though). The second thought is pure terror. What if there is something wrong? But that then takes me to my third emotion- hope. If there is something wrong, I am hoping that it can be fixed with medication and if that will help increase our chances of becoming pregnant, I am okay with that. I guess only time will tell... but I really wish time would speed up a little!

Other than that... there isn't a whole lot going on. I stayed true to myself this month, and have not used OPK's. I was really hoping to start temping this month, but with a no show period, that plan didn't happen either. So this month has been somewhat "free-ing". Not constantly watching the clock to know when to go to the bathroom, not getting upset with every negative ovulation test, just completely "natural". But trust me, I have been dying to take some ovulation tests to see if I will ovulate this month, but at the same time I have found myself so much more stress free. I actually feel CALM and don't feel like an obsessive maniac.

Now if I can just keep these calm feelings around for another 2 weeks! I hope everyone has a great weekend and like always, if anything exciting happens I will make sure to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment