While for the most part I have been rather shocked at how well I have been handling this lack of knowing, the past 2 days I have been feeling like I was run over by a bus. I like to think of myself as one of those lucky people who really doesn't get sick often. I can't tell you the last time I threw up (when I was pregnant I didn't have morning sickness), had a fever, sore throat, etc. I will get the occasional sinus headache when the weather changes, but other than that, I couldn't tell you the last time I was really "sick".
Well, I take that back. When I was 5 weeks pregnant I got a very bad sore throat, which ended up being an infection. I remember this because it was after I went to the doctor and had my pregnancy confirmed, but before we went to Texas and announced our pregnancy to our family. I remember freaking out because I didn't know what medicine I could take or what I should do, and of coarse it all happened during the weekend so I couldn't get into the doctor.
Ok, so anyways. The reason I bring this up is because as soon as my throat started hurting this was the first thing that popped into my mind and I haven't been able to shake it since. I have Googled it a little bit, but nothing that I found seemed trustworthy, although the few things I did find said that a sore throat/cold like symptoms could in fact be an early sign of pregnancy. The reasoning behind this is that your immune system is busy preparing for the baby, leaving you more likely to get sick. Now if this is actually true, or just a bunch of pregnant woman looking for some sort of pregnancy symptom- I don't know. But what I do know is that I am officially starting to go crazy wondering about this.
Due to my constant yearning to know what is going on with my body, I went out and bought more pregnancy tests tonight. I am waiting until tomorrow morning to take one, but I have a feeling I am getting my hopes up. Either way, I will update in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment