BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, April 5, 2010

What a Cycle!

Why is it that my life (and my cycle) seems to be the same vicious cycle month after month! Get your period, become anxious waiting for ovulation, become excited/ hopeful during ovulation, the 2WW (2 week wait) - which is a painful, anxiety filled time period, take a home pregnancy test and either become elated with a positive or depressed with a negative, and then start your period again.

I am at that point of anxiousness. I still have about a week before I ovulate, so there is nothing very exciting going on around here... Lots of web surfing, although nothing I read is anything I haven't seen before. I continue to click on the links that state "preconception info", "boost your chances", "20 things you should do before you become pregnant", etc. I have already seen/heard all of this info and it's starting to just irritate me now (I've had to close out all of those tabs and try to regain my sanity by blogging). I am excited because I will start taking my ovulation tests today. I am waiting to take it around 2 pm, and will take one everyday until I get a positive. According to the ticker up there ^ at the top of this page, Kevin and I can start putting our baby dancing to good use at the end of this week! :) I don't really know what to expect as far as ovulation this month since my cycles have been progressively getting longer, and as far as I know, I did not ovulate last month at all. I am anticipating oulation anytime between April 8-19th. That is why the ovulation tests are little miracle workers who provide a sense of knowing, which causes less stress!

Speaking of stress, that is what I am really working on these next couple of weeks. Now that we are finally in Kodiak I thought that I would be "stress-free". Yea Right! Now all I can think/ stress about is when will we get to move into our house, when will our household goods come into town, will I be able to find a job on base (town is about 15-20 minutes from base and gas is $3.75 a gallon, so working close to home would be ideal!), will we make friends quickly, and the list goes on and on. Of coarse none of those things are anything really worth stressing about. Hopefully today we will get our answers as far as the house goes, and everything else will just fall into place. I am working on getting out and walking the dogs to give them their exercise and to help clear my head and keep me calm. I have a good feeling about this month... and I want to make sure I prepare my body (and mind) as much as possible.

Just a little side note- if we get pregnant this month, our baby will be due on or around January 3, 2011! So crazy to see 2011!! And considering everything we have gone through already, we are going to wait about 12 weeks before we announce we are pregnant (Sorry Mom and Dad, but that includes you too!). If we were to get pregnant this month, I would want to hold off another 2 weeks and make our announcement on the 4th of July! We just gotta figure out a cool way to announce it via phone or snail mail. :(
Once again... can you tell that I have WAY to much time on my hands.

So while I am counting down the days to ovulation, I hope I am able to start moving into our new house and get some job applications out there. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment