BabyFetus Ticker

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So Very Impatient...

According to that nice little ticker right up there ^...I have already ovulated and I am now in my luteal phase. For those of you not sure what that is, it is the time period between ovulation and your period...typically 14 days. This is also called the 2ww (2 week wait) for those of us who are dying to take a pregnancy test.

But you see... my cycles have gradually been getting longer and longer and longer, and so at this point I don't really know what to believe anymore! Therefore, I have started taking ovulation tests, to help pinpoint when I am ovulating and will hopefully help increase our chances of becoming pregnant. Last month I never did receive a positive, but I only took a weeks worth of tests (OPK's), and with how crazy my cycle has been, I think I took the tests too early. This month I have an entire month's supply so I should know for sure when (and if) I ovulate. Unlike my little ticker, my OPK's have not given me the green light for ovulation. I may be talking too soon since I don't take today's test until 2:00 pm, but my body hasn't given me the little hints I am expecting just yet.

I am trying to be patient and to stay calm and not stress... but everyone knows how this is so much easier said than done! Everyone always seems to say, "Just don't think about it, or stop trying, because when you least expect it is when it will happen". Do these people think I am nuts?!? There is no way that I can just not think about it. As a matter of fact, the majority of the people we have met here in Kodiak have told us that everyone gets pregnant in Alaska because there is nothing else to do other than the baby dance. I am hoping they are right, because I had forgotten how difficult it was being around other Coast Guard spouses. I seriously feel as if Kevin and I are the only ones without any kids, and the majority of everyone else has numerous children. The one other couple we have met that doesn't have children made it very clear that they do not want children any time soon... not our case! If it were up to Kevin and I, we would already have a baby, but instead we are just praying and trying to get pregnant at this stage in the game.

So while I am waiting for ovulation to arrive, I will be patiently unpacking and getting my house in order. I'll update when I am able to begin my 2ww (hopefully)!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! "...nothing else to do other than the baby dance" I love it! I guess I will always know what you are doing then! Hmmm... that's odd ;)

    ReplyDelete