BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, April 26, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

I know I know... I have been slacking on all things related to my blogs. I don't even have a good excuse! I still get on to read everyone else's updates, but I guess I haven't felt the itch to write.

First things first... that stupid little ovulation ticker up there ^ is REALLY starting to get on my last nerve! It would be so neat and helpful if the information it gave was actually correct, but considering it is full of lies I am about ready to get rid of it. For some reason it is saying that today should be cycle day 1 (meaning I would have started my period today). Everything else I have that that provides information on ovulation/period/baby making says that I am on cycle day 29, and I should be starting my period anytime between Thursday and Saturday.

Most people would wonder why on Earth would I be getting so upset about what day my period is due, but it makes it really hard to not get your hopes up when you are trying to conceive and your period is a no show. Technically, Aunt Flo still has up to 5 days to show and still not be considered "late".

In the past, I would have taken this opportunity to immediately bust out the pregnancy tests, and start peeing as soon as possible! I am trying to keep as stress free as possible, so I have convinced myself that I am not pregnant this month (especially after never seeing a positive ovulation test) so that I wont get discouraged if/when I get a negative test or Aunt Flo shows up. I must say that I am pretty proud of myself with how well I have been handling this. One thing that has really helped is the Yoga program I have been doing with P90X. The main thing I have learned, is when I catch myself obsessively thinking about pregnancy/babies/etc. I start taking deep breaths and focus on them (similar to counting sheep). It sounds stupid, but it really does help.

Considering I will be trying a whole new approach this month (no ovulation tests, no stress, just the "basics") I am trying to get myself prepared for not obsessing. It is easier said than done, but I figure if I can keep my stress levels down and "have fun" I will hopefully increase my odds. I also bought this new product we are going to try this month. It is called Pre-Seed. It is a lubricant that mimics your natural cervical mucus and helps the little spermies get to the egg. The reviews on this product are amazing, and I'm very excited to try it out! I would say about 80% of the reviews stated they conceived their first month with this product. Once again, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm at that point where I am willing to try just about anything.

So for the next few days I will be working on keeping myself from stressing and waiting for either Aunt Flo to show, or the opportunity to take a pregnancy test. Nothing else is really going on, so I will post again sometime this weekend with an update! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh... I just had to catch up on this whole blog! For some reason I'm "following" but not receiving updates on my blogger dashboard when you post. Do you have it set on something weird so that it doesn't tell me when you've posted???

    I'm going to go send you a Facebook message since this is a terrible way of communicating. hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete