BabyFetus Ticker

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Come On Now!!

I must say...this whole "waiting" thing is really starting to wear me out! I have been pretty strong and haven't really felt the desire to take a pregnancy test, but as the days creep by and it gets closer to when my period should arrive, I am finding it more difficult to Just Say No! I suppose technically I could take a test now, but sadly, I find it less painful to just start my period rather than seeing that Big Fat Negative staring me dead in the eye.

It doesn't help that all I really do all day long is fart around on the computer, most of the time looking at baby stuff. I have pretty much already figured out which car seat/stroller I want, nursery furniture, and bedding for a boy and a girl. Since I am starting to run out of stuff to look at, tonight I started looking at maternity clothes! REALLY?!? I really must find something better to do with all this spare time!

But sadly, when I do finally rip my fingers off the keyboard and force myself to close the laptop, I begin flipping through the channels on TV (I am currently the #1 example for why so many Americans are over weight). And why is it that EVERY show I start watching has to deal with babies! Just today these are the shows I watched that dealt with pregnancy/babies: The Nanny, Father of the Bride 2, Kendra, and Desperate Housewives (reruns). I swear...I can't get away from it! The good news is that I haven't felt stressed out by this, I just feel eager. I am just so ready to get pregnant (and stay pregnant)!

So in my attempts to find something somewhat productive I have been getting the "craft" itch. It struck my today, and it is a great idea for Mother's Day gifts for my mom and MIL (and lets be real...I will give myself one too!)

I somehow stumbled across Shutterfly today, and saw that they make photo books. I have used Picaboo in the past, but the ones on Shutterfly looked awesome! I have decided that if my camera will ever decide to show up, this weekend I am going to go around Kodiak and take TONS of pictures, and then make a book of all of them. I will include the pictures from our move, the house (if you can even call it that...), and all over Kodiak. And what wouldn't be the perfect picture for the last page of the book but a positive pregnancy test?!? I know I know... but a girl can dream!

Thankfully I have a date to go to a spin class tomorrow morning around 11:30, which will force me to get out of bed before noon and will get me out of this house! Hopefully this will give me the motivation to go to the grocery store, do laundry, and clean house instead of sitting on my butt all day! Thankfully Kevin has a long weekend (he's off Thursday-Sunday) so that usually motivates me to get the cleaning done so I can spend that time with him instead of worrying about chores.

Oh and one more thing... I am going to be sending out announcements with our new address on them and wanted your input. Should I do the photo cards (like what everyone sends out for Christmas) or should I send a normal card, with a 4x6 picture in it? I'm hoping to get a "family" picture done, and want to be able to send it to all of our family and friends, but don't know which option would be the most appropriate. And if you would like one, send me your address!!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know about another program you can make photo books with. I made our wedding album and our 1st year album on Blurb.com. I really like the size of books they have available as well as that you can design your own page format. I haven't tried the ones you are talking about, so I'm not sure how it compares to those but you should check it out. There is also another site - MixBook.com - that has more of a scrapbook format to it. A friend of mine uses it and I love the ones she has made! Let me know what you end up using and how it turns out.

    If you want to mail us an announcement feel free... or if you just want to post it so I can see it you can do that to! Either way I would love to have your address so I can send some little notes of encouragement your way... and someday something to say congratulations! I'm praying for you and that day you and Kevin can rejoice in your little blessing!

    Here is our address:
    1068 Aviary Drive
    Aubrey, TX 76227

    ReplyDelete