BabyFetus Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

These Thoughts Already?!?

This has been a roller coaster of a week! Monday was my two year anniversary, Tuesday we took a day trip to Anchorage, and Wednesday I came home from work sick. I took today off, and will more than likely be taking tomorrow off as well.

If it were up to me, I would think that my body is trying to tell me to slow down! Work is a killer on my body anyways, and throw in a crazy day of traveling, walking, shopping, and not eating- and it's like I brought it on myself. I have had the worst cold I have had in a long time! I tried getting into the doctor today and the earliest they could see me is Tuesday! I already have an appointment on Monday, so I will just have to suck it up until then.

So while I have been able to rest and relax at home, I have had WAY to much time to think about this baby and how much I already love it! I hate that I feel like I may be putting him/her in danger with how much I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off at work. I have enjoyed every second of being at home today, even though I have spent the majority of the day sleeping, taking a hot shower, or rubbing Vicks over my entire body! It is the fact that I was at home... and I was able to take care of ME. Which of coarse makes me start to think about what it will be like once this baby is really here.

One of my best friends just had to go back to work after having the summer off with her new baby. I can tell how much it is killing her, and it just shows me how hard it will be to work after baby arrives. So since I started thinking about this today, I sat down and started looking at all of our bills. We would definitely be able to get by on Kevin's pay check alone, we just wont be able to put as much into savings as we were hoping for, and we would have to watch our "extra" spending. Is that enough of a reason for me to want to continue to work... HELL no! I talked to Kevin about it a little today, and we decided that we would give this a try. For the next couple of months we will be putting all of my pay checks into savings, in addition to the 10% of his pay checks, and the money we have budgeted for baby items like diapers/formula/etc. This will give us a good idea of what it will be like, and if we need to make any adjustments or if this is just not going to be possible at all. The nice thing about this plan is if we can get through the next 7 months putting all of that into savings, we will have a nice chunk that we will keep in savings to gain interest and to use in any sort of emergency.

Now my biggest fear/concern is what I am going to tell my boss. I still haven't told her that I'm pregnant and I know when the time comes to tell her, she is going to ask if I plan on continuing to work afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. It is up to you, of course, on how early you want to talk to your boss about your post-baby plans. Even though I knew I wasn't going to return after having Brynlee I still didn't tell them, mainly because I had GREAT maternity benefits with my company and had put in "my time." I just told my coworkers that I would love to stay home but didn't think we would be able to make it work... I never said that I would be coming back, never said that I wouldn't. When I did end up quitting they were happy for me that we were able to "make it work out" and no hurt feelings! If you are afraid they may let you go sooner then what you want, then I don't think you should feel bad about not filling them in on your plans completely... not everyone would agree with me, but that is ok!

    I've been a prayer warrior for you lately. Monday is going to be a special day for you and Kevin! Much love from Texas :)

    ReplyDelete