Let me begin by stating that I have been scared out of my mind the past few days. I felt like the majority of my symptoms all just disappeared and considering my past, I immediately jumped to horrible thoughts. Thankfully they have all returned, and some are actually even more intense than before. I'm back to feeling confident about this pregnancy, although my appointment on the 23rd can not get here fast enough!
But enough of that... we are thinking happy, positive thoughts over here! Can you believe I am already 8 weeks... or TWO months pregnant! Only 7 more months to go (or 224 days... not that I'm counting!).
My next appointment is in about a week, and it can not get here fast enough! First of all, I have a ton of questions I want to ask. And second of all, we should get to HEAR the heartbeat for the first time!! :) Who would have thought that I could already love something so much. It almost worries me... I don't know how I could love this baby anymore than I already do, and yet I know once I get to see and hold him/her for the first time my heart will have to expand to make more room.
Speaking of the baby... you should go and read my previous post which tells you all the cool new things that are going on this week. This week is a pretty big milestone (at least in my eyes). It is the last week the baby will be considered an embryo- next week we will have a fetus! This week that pesky little tail is almost gone... and I must admit I am pretty thankful for that! Baby is about the size of a large raspberry and is nearly an inch long! That is HUGE compared to each previous week. But the most exciting thing of all... the baby is starting move!! Although it is still way to early for me to feel anything, I think that is so cool! There is a baby moving/floating/dancing/swimming around inside of me!!
I have been feeling pretty good... as good as a pregnant woman can feel I guess. I still have strong food aversions and get turned off by food pretty easily. My sleep schedule is insane...I'm sleeping roughly 10-11 hours a night...I guess that is my body's way of telling me that it is worn out from work and making a baby. I'm still feeling rather bloated, although I haven't gained any weight! I actually weighed myself yesterday and it showed that I have lost about 1-2 pounds (I'm sure due to my queasiness). I have pretty much moved into all maternity pants- but they are the low rise waist band kind, which are basically normal pants with a small elastic waist. They even have belt loops! I could keep doing the rubber band trick, but the elastic is just so darn comfy!! Oh, and how could I forget... the heartburn! Last night it was so bad I couldn't even feel my arms! Tums have become my new best friend.
Tomorrow Kevin and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary! I can't believe it has already been 2 years since we got married...it feels like it was just yesterday. We are celebrating by taking a day trip to Anchorage on Tuesday and I can not wait to get off this island! I am so ready to eat at some real restaurants and to shop at some real stores! I think I might cry when I see Target...
I hope to take lots of pictures while we are there (although all we plan on doing is shopping and eating) so I will make sure to post them as soon as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment