BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dr. Appointment

Well, today was my second prenatal appointment. I was pretty nervous all morning, mostly because Kevin wasn't going to be able to go with me. As I was driving to the doctor's office, Kevin called. I figured he was just checking to see if I had made it to the doctor yet, but he actually called to let me know that he was going to meet me there! I was so excited that he was going to be there, since this appointment seemed almost like a "milestone".

First of all, the doctor I had today was a weird-o. He really made me uncomfortable, and did not have a personality at all. After talking briefly and explaining (yet again) my previous pregnancy, he didn't even attempt to use the doppler to hear the heartbeat... he immediately went for the ultrasound machine. I was actually really excited to see our baby again, but that excitement was quickly shot down. Since he did a "normal" ultrasound the baby was so small on the screen that I could barely make it out. He kept telling us there was a heartbeat, but neither of us could see it. He did measure the baby and it came in at a whopping 26.7 millimeters (about an inch long) and 9 weeks 3 days. I have a feeling this little one may end up being a big one later on since it keeps measuring bigger than where I am. The worst part of all... he didn't even print out our picture! :(

But the nice thing is he wants me to come back in 2 weeks. I think he could tell I wasn't very happy that I wasn't able to hear/see the heartbeat myself. I'm not sure if I will get another ultrasound at my next appointment, or just the doppler, but either way, I'll take whatever I can get! As of right now, my next appointment is September 8th- but I am going to have to reschedule it (work wont let me go that day). I guess I will try to call in the morning and will update once I know when I am going for sure!

Hope everyone has a great week... at least Monday is over and done with!

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this on TMP, but omg that is sooo sweet of DH!! Love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete