BabyFetus Ticker

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Date Night

Last night, Kevin and I had our first date night since finding out we are pregnant. There aren't too many options in Kodiak, so we had our date night on base since Kevin had to wake up at 4:30 this morning to get ready for work.

First we went and had dinner at the Pizza Parlor. I know I know... this was not one of those romantic, sweep you off your feet, type of dates, but it was the perfect Kevin and Lindsey date. Neither of us are really into all the foo foo of fancy dates to begin with. So we went and had some chicken strips and fries, had "Back to the Future 3" playing in the background, and enjoyed a nice conversation about the baby. We really don't get much time together these days with our crazy work schedules, so it was nice to just sit and TALK.

After dinner, we went and saw Knight and Day (the one with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz) at the movie theater on base. We loaded up on snacks, even though I was already stuffed. During the movie I felt like a REAL pregnant lady... I was so full my stomach was bulging (from fat- not baby!) and I kept having to run to the bathroom to pee!

After the movie we took a quick drive to the CommSta( short for Communication Station) where Kevin works to pick up his cell phone since he had left it there when he got off work. On our way back home, we decided to take a detour and drove around for a little while trying to see if we could find a bear (we didn't have any luck).

Overall it was a great night. It was our first date night with baby on board and before our first ultrasound which is on Tuesday! I'm so nervous (and I know Kevin is too) that I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst. I really do think it will be too early to see the heartbeat, so I'm trying to make sure that my mind is wrapped around that idea so I don't freak out if there isn't one. I wouldn't mind getting to see the baby again in a week, but at the same time, I know I will be a wreck that whole week of waiting. If there is a heart beat, I will probably cry... haha! We are also planning on taking our video camera so we can catch it on tape if it is there. That way, we can send a copy of it to our families as well, since they are all hoping and praying for this baby just as much as we are.

So if you are reading this...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say lots and lots of prayers over the next few days. Tuesday is right around the corner, and although I am excited beyond words, I am more scared than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment