Alright, lets try this again!
Hello again fellow blog followers. I hope you had a great 4 day work week, and are enjoying your weekend. I spent the majority of today babysitting- which gave Winston and Charlie some practice for their future brother or sister. Charlie was hysterical... he loved the little girl I was watching! She would break her cracker in half, and keep one for herself and give him the other. They were immediately best friends! Winston on the other hand seemed to be having some sort of anxiety problem. He wasn't mean to her, but seemed to excited/interested by her that he wouldn't get out of her face and started to scare her. I guess he needs a little more practice...
But... back to the real reason you are all here. I know you have all been dying to know how my doctor's appointment went this past Wednesday. As a recap, I was 11 weeks 3 days at this appointment, and it was my 3rd OB appointment to date. It still blows my mind that at 11 weeks I have had 3 appointments, and to be honest, I am feeling a little spoiled...and I LOVE it!
So, first things first... baby is still doing great! I was lucky enough to have yet another ultrasound (my 3rd so far) and I was in shock! It is absolutely amazing to see how much growth and change has happened in just the past 2 weeks! I didn't get a picture at my 9 week appointment, but the baby still looked like a blob,and was pretty hard to see. We definitely couldn't make out the heartbeat (the doctor's trained eye could). This time around the baby actually looked like a baby! You could make out it's little profile, see it's little legs and arms, and I even got to watch him/her wiggle all over the place! It must have been the hormones, but I start bawling when I saw the baby moving around in there... it just made things actually seem REAL.
So here is little KLO at 11 weeks 3 days. It is mainly the head and chest, but there is a little dot that is a foot and another dot that is a hand. Since the baby was moving it was hard for the doctor to get a picture!
Hello again fellow blog followers. I hope you had a great 4 day work week, and are enjoying your weekend. I spent the majority of today babysitting- which gave Winston and Charlie some practice for their future brother or sister. Charlie was hysterical... he loved the little girl I was watching! She would break her cracker in half, and keep one for herself and give him the other. They were immediately best friends! Winston on the other hand seemed to be having some sort of anxiety problem. He wasn't mean to her, but seemed to excited/interested by her that he wouldn't get out of her face and started to scare her. I guess he needs a little more practice...
But... back to the real reason you are all here. I know you have all been dying to know how my doctor's appointment went this past Wednesday. As a recap, I was 11 weeks 3 days at this appointment, and it was my 3rd OB appointment to date. It still blows my mind that at 11 weeks I have had 3 appointments, and to be honest, I am feeling a little spoiled...and I LOVE it!
So, first things first... baby is still doing great! I was lucky enough to have yet another ultrasound (my 3rd so far) and I was in shock! It is absolutely amazing to see how much growth and change has happened in just the past 2 weeks! I didn't get a picture at my 9 week appointment, but the baby still looked like a blob,and was pretty hard to see. We definitely couldn't make out the heartbeat (the doctor's trained eye could). This time around the baby actually looked like a baby! You could make out it's little profile, see it's little legs and arms, and I even got to watch him/her wiggle all over the place! It must have been the hormones, but I start bawling when I saw the baby moving around in there... it just made things actually seem REAL.
So here is little KLO at 11 weeks 3 days. It is mainly the head and chest, but there is a little dot that is a foot and another dot that is a hand. Since the baby was moving it was hard for the doctor to get a picture!

Other than that, I finally got the answer I was looking for. If you recall, I was somewhat upset after my last appointment because I felt like the doctor skimmed over my results and was leaving something out. Well, come to find out I have a sub chronic hemorrhage. This is basically a blood clot or tear between the placenta and uterus. Since I haven't had any bleeding or spotting, that is why the previous doctor played it off. They don't seem to worried about it since everything has been "normal". I was actually not given any information on the topic, and all I know is what I have looked up online.
Here are some of the key points:
- SCH or Subchorionic Hematoma is a gathering of blood between the membranes of the placenta and the uterus.
- There is no known cause for a SCH but many researchers speculate that during egg implantation, the egg slightly separates or tears from the uterus causing a bleed
- The current statistics for pregnancy loss with a SCH is 1-3%. This low percentage is related to large clots. Most pregnancies progress with no further complications
- Most clots resolve on their own by 20 weeks of pregnancy. The clot either bleeds itself out or the body absorbs it.
- Women with SCH are at greater risk for placental abruption or abruptio placenta. Placental abruption is when the placenta tears away from the uterus. This is an extreme pregnancy complication that requires immediate medical attention. If the placenta separates from the uterine wall, the health of the fetus is in danger. (This is the only thing that really worries me)
On a side note- I had to get a pap smear at this appointment and it was the most AWKWARD time of my life!! My neighbor is a nurse at the doctor's office I go to. I never see her but behind the front desk, so I just figured she was a receptionist to be honest. Well... at this appointment when the doctor walked out so I could change into the gown, when he walked back in, she was with him!! I was horrified!! I see this girl on a daily basis at home, and now she knows WAY to much about me!! I try to keep telling myself she does it all the time and that is part of her job, but it is still rather uncomfortable to see her now.
And you can expect another update tomorrow to fill you in on the progress of the baby. I can't believe I will be 12 weeks tomorrow! According to my doctor, 12 weeks is considered the second trimester, although everything else I read says it is either 13 or 14. Since it seems so controversial, I'm going with what my doctor says...which means we will be doing the "big reveal" tomorrow! I'm still nervous to put it on facebook, but Kevin has been bugging me since we saw the baby at 6 weeks!
my feelings cannot be put into adequate words!!!
ReplyDeletesoooo happy for you!!
praying for you and the little one!!