Why do we have to wait so long to find out if baby is a boy or a girl!! I seriously think I am starting to lose my mind. I am having dreams almost EVERY night about finding out.
There for a while I had pretty much convinced myself that we were having a boy. For some reason, everyone close to me has said they are guessing boy for some reason. Kevin, my mom, sister, and even co-workers! I don't know what makes them think it is a boy over a girl- especially since I'm not really showing yet.
A while back, Kevin and I did the wedding band test. You know... the one where you tie your wedding band to a string and hold it over your belly. It is goes around in a circe it is a boy, if it goes back and forth it is a girl. My results- BOY. I did the Chinese gender calendar off of babycenter.com and my result- BOY. It was starting to feel like everything was pointing at boy.
From the beginning I kept saying I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl, as long as it was a healthy baby. Then once everything pointed to boy, I felt sort of disappointed and really wanted a girl! But after pretty much convincing myself it is a boy, I am having a hard time even thinking about having a girl. That is... until today!
I had a random doctor's appointment today to have a weird rash checked out, and I FINALLY heard the baby's heartbeat! We have seen the heartbeat several times, but hearing it was amazing! It is all finally starting to feel real. I have actually felt a few little bubbly things that make me wonder if it is baby moving around or if it is just gas/hunger pains.
So after hearing the heartbeat, the doctor told me the heart rate was 155 beats per minute. Of coarse I ran home and looked up all of the old wives tales to read about the heart rate, and guess what! Anything above 140 is said to be a GIRL! woo hoo!! So then I started looking for some more gender predictors.
This is the website I found the most fun!
But if you don't feel like going all the way to that website, here are a few of my favorites:
1.) THIS Chinese Gender Calendar says GIRL
2.) "Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy."
Well... here goes! My age:24 Year: 2010 Result- GIRL
3.) "This one's a little out there. Pee in a cup (you've been doing it at all your prenatal appointments anyway, haven't you?), mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch to see if it changes color. Green = girl, and blue = boy."
Haven't tried this one, but looks like I will be buying some dran-o this weekend!!
For those of you with babies, did you do any of these? Were they true or false for you?
Hopefully at my next appointment on October 8th we will schedule the gender ultrasound and
I guess we will have to wait another 4-5ish weeks to find out if we will be having a little Kael Liam or Kinley Lauren (Ta-Da... the big name reveal)!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment