BabyFetus Ticker

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Me at 7 weeks

I was looking through this blog after posting earlier today, and realized I have been lacking on writing anything personal. I'm sure most of you aren't that excited about reading what new body organ is developing this week...although it makes my heart skip a beat.

The main reason I want to keep up with this blog is so that when it is time to find the perfect baby book (when I venture off this island and into the real world) I will have all the information I will want to include. Plus, this nice little blog helps keep my sanity. Since we are keeping this quite from pretty much everyone except our immediate family and very close friends, I don't get to blab to anyone and everyone about how I am feeling, thinking, wishing, hoping, etc.

So here's my update:

I am now 7 weeks! I can't believe how fast and slow time seems to be going by. I have "known" about this pregnancy for 3 weeks now. Some days it feels like I just found out, and others it feels like it has been months. At 7 weeks, I am about halfway through my first trimester! woo hoo! My next doctor's appointment is in 2 weeks, and hopefully we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat! We bought a doppler to use at home, but I'm waiting until the doctor is able to find it before I attempt to.

I still feel weary and cautious, but I am actually feeling much more "pregnant" this time around. Thankfully I haven't been too sick, and the majority of the time I am just nauseous. Typically when I go back to work after my lunch break is when I feel the worst, and I actually had one burst of sickness last week. I've learned to keep my lunch very small and bland... usually a peanut butter sandwich, since a can of soup is what sent me over the edge!

My body feels like it is already changing alot. I am extremely bloated! I actually have a few pairs of pants that I can't button anymore- so for now I am doing the rubber band trick. I know it's not baby that is making my clothes tight (as much as I am ready for that baby belly!) so for the most part I'm just feeling rather fat. Another change is in my "chest". My boobs have outgrown all of my bras! I'm stuck wearing sports bras to try and keep them under control while I'm at work. I'm already a little nervous to see how big they will be at the end of all of this!!

And lastly... I am TIRED! All.The.Time. And actually, the word exhausted seems to fit a little better. I feel like I am dragging my feet all day, and just praying for it to be 5:30 so I can come home and zone out. I am typically in bed around 8:30, and fast asleep by 8:45. But the worst part is, I can't sleep through the night for anything! I get up at least 2-3 times a night to pee, plus I just can't get comfortable. Between Kevin, Winston, and Charlie I feel like I am hanging on to the edge of the bed for dear life! I don't think the dogs are gonna be sleeping with us for much longer unless Kevin is ready to really deal with the wrath of a pregnant woman!

Other than that, things are great. I try to relax as much as I can, and Kevin has been great about helping out around the house. He has been doing all of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry (Isn't he sweet?!?). I can tell how excited he is about this pregnancy- but I will save all of that for another post.

1 comment:

  1. You should take the doppler to your next appointment so the doctor can show you exactly how to use it. I'm sure it is pretty easy but it may help you not have to worry if it is hard to find it the first time you try... just a thought. Soon you will have your baby belly - flaunt it!! I know I don't have to tell you, but it is amazing what our bodies go through to give life to another human being.

    ReplyDelete