BabyFetus Ticker

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Double Digits!!



First of all... maybe someone with a little more computer/blog knowledge can explain to me how to get my pictures below my entry. Pictures in general give me a rather tough time on here...

But I'm sure you are wondering what is that picture anyway? Some sort of fruit and a quarter...duh! Just kidding. That fruit would be a kumquat, and the quarter is there to help you visualize how big a kumquat is. If you are anything like me, I had no clue a kumquat was even a real thing! So when I read that the baby is the size of one this week, I was a little lost...hence the picture! Baby is still pretty small (when you compare him/her to a quarter) but seems huge compared to last weeks grape! I have definitely been feeling it too. My stomach and abdomen are sore (kinda feels like I've been doing crunches) from the stretch and moving around that is starting to take place.

This week is a pretty bitter sweet one. I am so excited that I am finally 10 weeks...double digits! It feels like such a huge milestone- that is, until I hit 13 weeks and I get to move onto my second trimester!! :) But hey... each week is a step closer to meeting baby!

The tough part about this week is that this was how far along I was in my previous pregnancy when I found out the baby didn't have a heart beat. Granted, it was my first prenatal appointment and the baby had actually stopped developing at 6 weeks 6 days- it was at this specific week that we found out there was a chance we would lose our baby (which we did). This time around I have already had 2 appointments and 2 ultrasounds. I know baby is growing perfectly and there is still a heartbeat (as of this past Monday), but I still can't help but to worry. I'm very thankful that my next appointment is September 8th, two weeks after my previous one, instead of four. I'm needing to see/hear that heartbeat again VERY soon.

Other than that I have been feeling great. Alot of my energy is back, and I've learned the more active I am, the less fatigued I feel. This weekend I have spent the majority of my time picking up the lose strings around the house. It has been neglected for nearly 2 months, so there has been lots of cleaning and organizing. All of the closets have been reorganized, and the guest room (soon to be nursery) has been cleared of anything non-baby (other than the furniture). My next task is to get the basement in order... but I seem to be procrastinating on that one... mostly because I don't want to carry the pile of crap sitting on our dining room table down there. (Maybe a quick nap and then I will feel up to it!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how busy I have been, but I was finally able to take a second and catch up on your postings! I am all smiles for you and Kevin right now! - Shan

    ReplyDelete